Monday, January 18, 2016

A Great Book for Artists Alike (Classic Human Anatomy in Motion)




Classic Human Anatomy in Motion: The Artist's Guide to the Dynamics of Figure Drawing by Valerie L. Winslow is a great book for artists alike who are struggling with body proportions or movements within the body. As the titles suggests, this book shows how to draw different part of the body while it's doing an action, not just when it's standing still. For me, I've always had trouble drawing hands, as I couldn't get the proportions right. What I found super helpful in this book is that it explains why I should draw the hand a particular way, and how the proportions matches up. What I also found interesting is that this book is very descriptive about the different muscle groups and body parts. I've taken anatomy before and I can say that this book is very accurate on these descriptions.

Author's Site: http://valerielwinslow.com/

3 comments:

  1. That sounds super helpful since humans are so hard to draw well. Will probably get this for myself now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried different drawing books but failed :( I should try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete