Monday, February 1, 2016

Let's Paint! (Pop Painting)

OK! I absolutely love Pop Painting by Camilla d' Errico. Why, you ask? Well it so happens that the first page I turned to was a page teaching you how to draw fluffy things, and the example was Totoro. As someone who studies Japanese and is consistently emerged in Japanese culture, I loved the reference used so that automatically got me interested in the book. As I read through the book, I noticed that the painting style is all similar to anime, a style I usually draw in, which got me more connected with the book. Pop Painting has a great text to picture ratio in the book. Almost every other page has a colored picture (YES THE WHOLE THING IS IN COLOR) to it. The colors too, are vibrant and lively. The book itself is just really beautiful 238 page book. The tone of the text is relaxed, from teaching you how to find inspiration, to what to wear while painting, and how to shade. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes painting or drawing in a more anime-like style.

 This is the cover of Pop Painting by Camilla d'Errico.

An example page of the book. This is one of the step-by-step drawings in the book. Notice how detailed and how abstract the coloring is.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when books are completely in color!

    ReplyDelete